World Golf Headlines
- Wright: Our Aussie team is strong July 21, 2014Australia's Lindsey Wright gives her take as part of the Australian team heading into the inaugural International Crown in Maryland. She'll join Karrie Webb, Katherine Kirk and Minjee Lee on team Australia.
- Clayton: Rory has chance to define an era July 21, 2014The careers of some players are defined by the historic championships they win. Wayne Grady and Ian Baker-Finch will forever be remembered for their USPGA and Open championships won in the opening years of the 1990s.
- Ruffels wins Callaway World Junior July 21, 2014National Squad member Ryan Ruffels has continued his excellent year by firing a final-round 69 to storm back and win the 2014 Callaway Junior World Golf championship at Torrey Pines in La Jolla, California.
- McIlroy wins Open, Aussies finish strongly July 21, 2014As Rory McIlroy went on his triumphal march through the final 18 holes at Royal Liverpool today, two Australians had reason to be proud of top-five finishes in the Open Championship.
- Ko clinches fourth LPGA title July 21, 2014Is it really even a surprise anymore when Lydia Ko does what she did Sunday? Seventeen-year-olds aren’t supposed to be that unflappable, that immune to pressure. They’re not supposed to step up to a 72-yard shot, needing a birdie, and hit it to four feet for the win.
- Australian Golf Media Awards- Entries Open July 22, 2014The Australian Golf Media Awards are awarded annually for media representatives who cover Australian golf and golfers in the print, online, radio, television and photography sections of the Australian media. Now in their 16th year, the awards judging panel has noted golf journalist Peter Stone as its Chair with a panel made up by representatives from Golf Australia, the PGA of Australia the Australian Ladies Professional Golf and a noted former newspaper editor as well.