World Golf Headlines
- Teams set for Interstate Series April 24, 2014Australia’s best golfers have been named to contest the Australian Men’s and Women’s Interstate Team Matches to be played in Canberra from 29 April – 2 May 2014.
- Smithton lead the way for Tasmania by claiming MYGolf Centre of the Month award April 23, 2014Smithton Country Club are the first Tasmanian Club to receive a MYGolf Centre of the Month award.
- Peak bodies enter historic joint venture for junior golf April 22, 2014Golf Australia and the PGA of Australia have signed an historic joint venture agreement that will boost the landscape of junior golf development in Australia.
- Wrist hampers Jones season April 21, 2014Japan Tour player Brendan Jones got to spend a rare Easter at home in Canberra with his family as a nagging wrist injury continues to prevent him competing in Japan.
- Lyle books US comeback April 21, 2014Australian golfer Jarrod Lyle will fly to the United States in June ahead of several appearances on The Web.com Tour in his pursuit of a return to the PGA Tour.
- Golf Australia and PGA in harmony over junior golf April 24, 2014Golf Australia and the PGA of Australia believe two heads are better than one when it comes to growing the game, writes David Newbery
- The true role of the Board and committees April 23, 2014Golf Clubs still seem to be in a bit of transition from the days of volunteer managed (i.e. spending some time pouring beers, mowing the lawn (both to save labour costs) and Superintendent reporting directly to Captain etc.) era to the more Modern structure of a Board only focusing on setting strategic direction, quality control and Governance and letting the Manager actually run the day-to-day business.